Monday, April 30, 2007

A new chapter every day for a week

This week, May 1 specifically, marks one year since we took our daughter out of the NICU and brought her home for good. In honor of that anniversay, I am going to do something a little different this week. Each day, I'll post another chapter in the story of the Delaney's new life, if I may borrow a page from my favorite new-literature site, www.fivechapters.com . I'll share the stories of our decision to add to the family, her stay in the NICU, as well as the time my son, Sean, touched her face for the first time. I've been wanting to write about these things for a long time, but I generally don't like long posts, so this is a way I can break it up in a way that I hope will make it easier to read.

The story begins Tuesday.

No comments: